This 8-hour RYA first aid course covers all the usual first aid subjects, with special considerations given to performing first aid in marine environments. It is ideal for anyone who is going afloat, or in positions of responsibility, whether ashore, on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages. Topics include resuscitation, the recovery position and treatment of most common injuries such as bleeding, breaks and burns.
Included with the course is a printed copy of the new RYA First Aid book.
RYA eBooks are available upon request.
The syllabus is accredited by the RYA, approved by the MCA and HSE and satisfies the minimum requirements for:
- RYA Instructors
- RYA Yachtmaster™ candidates
- Offshore racers subject to ISAF regulations (OSR 4.08.4)
- British Canoeing / UKCC Level 1 and 2 coaches
- British Rowing Club Coach and Senior Club Coaches
- Professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven (MCA-approved)
- BML Tier 1 Level 2 (MCA-approved)
- Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE EFAW)
- The recovery position
- CPR, including drowning protocol
- Cold water shock and hypothermia
- Seasickness and dehydration
- Medical assistance/advice by VHF radio
- Basic First Aid interventions for a range of scenarios
- Category C ships medical stores (optional, if required)
What to bring
- Packed lunch
- Note-pad and pen
Refreshments will be provided free of charge
How to find us?
We hold RYA First Aid Training courses in London at South Bank Sailing Club, located on Putney Embankment on the River Thames.
For group bookings of 6+ candidates, courses can be arranged at a venue of your choice – please contact us for more info.